1. Academic Expertise: (1) Modern Chinese Literature, Sinophone Literature
(2) Chinese literature, Chinese thought, Chinese philology, with
Chinese classical literature as priority.
2. Number of Vacancies: Two Assistant Professor level or above, full-time teaching positions.
(1) Candidates currently not holding Teacher’s Certificate shall pass the Teacher’s Qualifications Review Pursuant to the Accreditation Regulations Governing Teacher Qualifications at Institutions of Higher Education by Ministry of Education, R.O.C. (Ministry of Education);
(2) Candidates currently holding Professorial Certificate in Chinese Literature or closely related fields recognized by Ministry of Education must satisfy one of the following criteria within five years before hiring (August 28, 2015 through August 27, 2020):
i. Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C., Grant Proposal(s) (closed), or paper(s) formally reviewed and accepted for publication, two in total (must attach proof of review and publication); or
ii. One book formally reviewed and accepted for publication (must attach proof of review and affidavit/certificate of publication);
(3) Diploma issued by foreign institution must be authenticated by Consulates, Overseas Representative Offices or other organizations authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C., in the country of the originating institution(s).
4. Application deadline: Now through August 28, 2020 (Friday, postmark date)
5. Expected date of hire: February 1, 2021
6. Materials required for application (please submit in consecutive order; please DO NOT bind application materials):
(1) Completed “Candidate Basic Information Form” (separately attached. Applications submitted not using this Form will NOT be accepted and will be returned for resubmission);
(2) One photocopy each of Teacher’s Certificate issued by Ministry of Education, appointment letter/job offer for current teaching position, diploma of the highest academic degree;
(3) Representative work - must be the publication and\or dissertation published within the past three years (August 28, 2017 through August 27, 2020), in quadruplicate. (Please select one work in the area of academic expertise applied above as representative work and label accordingly);
(4) Reference works - publication and\or dissertation for the highest academic degree within the past five years (published between August 28, 2015 and August 27, 2020), in quadruplicate(s) (reference works must be related to the area of academic expertise applied above; please arrange in order of importance and label accordingly); If reference works are in foreign language(s), please also attach an abstract in Chinese of approximately 5,000 words for each work submitted; paper(s) adapted from dissertation must be clearly marked;
(5) List of all published works in chronological order, in quadruplicate;
(6) Candidates with teaching experience, please provide teaching/course evaluation surveys or similar documents;
(7) Candidates listing reference works in the Candidate Basic Information Form, please provide copies of reference works for review. Please DO NOT use works unrelated to the area of academic expertise applied above;
(8) Please fill out “Candidate Basic Information Form” in Word format and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Department of Chinese Literature Teacher Application Information Form_ OOO(Candidate Name)” in the subject line;
(9) Return of application materials submitted:
·Within Taiwan: if “Yes” is selected on the “Application Materials Needs to be Returned” line on the “Candidate Basic Information Form”, the Department of Chinese Literature will return materials via “Paid-by-Addressee Delivery Service.” Please do not include cash or postage. If “No” is selected, candidates’ application materials will be destroyed after the completion of application review process;
·Overseas: if “Yes” is selected on the “Application Materials Needs to be Returned” line on the “Candidate Basic Information Form”, please provide sufficient postage amount in TWD for the Department of Chinese Literature to return (Postage rates for surface parcel under 2-kilos from Taiwan, as examples, are approximately 450 TWD within Asia, 450 TWD to the U.S., 520 TWD to Germany, 550 TWD to France, 470 TWD to the Netherlands);
(10) Candidates who pass the preliminary review will be notified to give a talk to the faculty of Department of Chinese Literature; travel expenses are to be paid by the candidates;
(11) Candidates hired must teach one “General Education - Chinese” course, in addition courses offered by Department of Chinese Literature each academic year;
(12) With consideration for processing efficiency, after mailing application materials, overseas applicants should also notify the contact person, Ms. Wu via email at email@example.com.
Contact Person: Ms. Wu Jia-zhen Phone Number: (02)29387042
Mailing Address: No. 64, Section 2, ZhiNan Road, Wenshan District, Taipei City 11605, Taiwan (R.O.C)